Saturday, January 10, 2009

Circus Follow Up

So I did just what I said I was going to do at the PTO meeting...I sat and listened. I listened to parents complain but offer no solutions. I listened to the PTO President basically beg for volunteers...and not one complaining parent raised their hand. I listened to the Principle apologize for handling the situation at the Holiday Sing badly. All this time I just sat and I listened. I began thinking to myself "self it is in the best interest of your children and your Cub Scouts to make nice with the Principle." So I did. I apologised for losing my temper, and so did she, but I did reiterate my disappointment and aggravation over not being let in. We spoke to each other in a mature, respectful manor. (I am a firm believer that you get more flies with sugar then vinegar)
Well, once our conversation was over this one mom who can best be described as a "Bull in a China Shop" piped up and said "If your love fest is over I want to speak....I DID HAVE MY HAND UP FIRST". OK, whatever....well this very in your face women began to blast the Principle about how she had made a huge mistake by not letting parents in. That the excuse of Fire Marshal codes was BULLSHIT, she actually said that, and that she owes every parent and student an apologize. That she "ruined" every one's holiday. Well I for one can say my holiday was perfectly wonderful...maybe her family sucks and this was all she had to look forward too?!?!
When it was all said and done the "Bull" and her friend actually volunteered to help PTO with a couple of functions and I was flashed the death look from them when I went over to the Principle and we shook hands and exchanged pleasantries.
I still do not agree with many of her policies but I feel that being mature is a much better way to handle the situation then demanding changed and stomping your foot like a spoiled child.

No comments: