Monday, February 16, 2009

Daytona+Rain=A crappy ending!!!



So I got all set up yesterday for the Daytona 500. While most folks probably broke out the chips and beer, and there is nothing wrong with that, I however prefer wine and cheese. Got situated on the couch, did I mention I stayed in my PJs all day, with the snack table filled with my goodies and started my TV watching marathon at about 11:00AM. Watched most of the prerace hype. LOVE IT!!!! Added bonus Keith Urban was the entertainment!!! NICE!!!


The race it's self was really good. Not sure how I feel about Jr's "mistake". It seemed a little aggressive but hey I wasn't in the car. However do to the may lay he caused my favorite driver, Elliot Sadler, wound up in the lead. He had a real shot at the win but he lost the draft and even though he most likely could have regained the lead a few laps later the rain started and NASCAR called the race and Matt Kenseth won. It's a sucky way to win any race but the Daytona 500!!! That race should be raced to the checkered flag!!! It's not really winning otherwise is it??? But on the up side Kyle Bush didn't win...actually he was taken out in the wreck caused by Jr and Vickers. So all is still right with the world!!

No comments: